Reading & Language Intervention Program
SRA FLEX Literacy™ is a comprehensive Reading & Language Arts Intervention System for struggling readers in grades 3 and above; Tiers 2, 3 or 4. Developed around a blended learning framework,students interact with comprehensive teacher-led print materials, digital instruction, and collaborative project activities that afford highly effective reading mastery.
POWERFUL FLEXIBLE DATA-DRIVEN
SRA FLEX Literacy™ is built on a research-based instructional model
designed to accelerate achievement for students who are reading two or
more years below grade level. Powerful, flexible, and data-driven —
SRA FLEX Literacy™ drives reading improvement in just months.
High-interest interactive tools and rich text selections engage challenged students. Ongoing assessment empowers teachers to provide differentiated instruction and administrators are equipped with the tools they need for critical decision-making.
Tools to Support Struggling Readers
Powerful Model of Instruction
SRA FLEX Literacy™ combines the best in computer-based and teacher-led instruction to accelerate student progress.
- Multiple teaching and learning modalities motivate and engage students, to make learning fun
- Comprehensive instruction supports skill development, fluency, comprehension strategies, and writing-centered projects
- The research-proven, gradual release model of instruction accelerates student learning throughout the Experiences
Engaging animations introduce, explain and demonstrate skills.
Leveled text passages and supported activities provide guidance and instructional feedback.
Independent practice activities build toward mastery with embedded opportunities for remediation and acceleration.
SRA FLEX Literacy™ provides web-based technology that enhances instruction for both teacher and student.
- Every student's needs are met through differentiated and scaffolded instruction not just practice with support and feedback throughout
- Students develop 21st Century Skills through writing-centered projects with technology, preparing students for college and career readiness
- Teachers are empowered to monitor progress, tailor instruction and manage their classrooms with the FLEXWorks Online Teacher Tool
Embedded, Multimedia ePresentation
To Meet Today's School & District Needs
Flexible Group Instruction
SRA FLEX Literacy™ fits the intervention needs of every classroom through multiple implementation options.
- Includes lessons for Beginning Readers, regardless of grade level
- Accommodates small or large group sizes, with a 1:2 computer-student ratio
- Supports mixed-ability group instruction
Flexible Classroom Management
The unique classroom management model integrates all three distinct learning Experiences to facilitate effective classroom management. Time management is optimized since The Digital Experience and The Print Experience occur simultaneously.
Connections to Inform Instruction
True differentiated learning is achieved because student performance throughout all three Experiences informs instruction.
- The Lexile® Measure Placement Test, ongoing assessment, and progress monitoring tailor instruction to each individual student's needs
- Relevant remediation ensures students receive the support they need, when they need it
- Critical Thinking Applications provide each student practice and extension opportunities for previously mastered skills
Data-Driven Progress Monitoring
FLEXWorks™ Online Teacher Tool helps teachers monitor progress and easily target the needs of each student, to maximize instructional effectiveness. Relevant reporting is central to FLEXWorks™ and includes reporting on Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Critical information required to make decisions is provided at a student, classroom, school and district level.